Various Organizations offering Support for Bereaved Parents in Different Situations
- American Association of Suicidology: The American Association of Suicidology is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the understanding and prevention of suicide. This site is designed as a resource for anyone concerned about suicide, including AAS members, suicide researchers, therapists, prevention specialists, survivors of suicide, and people who are themselves in crisis. Also visit their Facebook page American Association of Suicidology
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention: Provides information on suicide, how to prevent, and resources for when it occurs.
- Bereavement Magazine: Bereavement magazine was designed to be a “support group in print” – a friend who arrives in the mailbox. six times each year. You can also view exclusive articles on-line for the current issue and past issues.
- Bereaved Parents of the USA (BPUSA): Bereaved Parents of the USA (BP/USA) is a nationwide organization designed to aid and support bereaved parents and their families who are struggling to survive their grief after the death of a child. Any bereaved parent, sibling or grandparent is eligible to become a member of BP/USA. Also visit their Facebook page Bereaved Parents of the USA
- Compassionate Friends: The Compassionate Friends is a national nonprofit, self-help support organization which offers friendship and understanding to families who are grieving the death of a child of any age, from any cause. The Compassionate Friends also provides grief information and education to the community. Also visit their Facebook page The Compassionate Friends
- EMDRIA.org: Losing your child can be one of the most traumatic things a parent will ever go through. There are professionals that are specifically trained to help. To find someone in your area you can go to: EMDRIA.org.
- Evermore: National list of bereavement resources.
- First Candle: Provides information on SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome and other sleep-related infant causes of death.
- Helping Parents Heal: Organization that helps bereaved parents after the loss of a child, specifically focused on spirituality and the afterlife.
- MISS Foundation: They provide C.A.R.E.S. (counseling, advocacy, research, education and support) to anyone who has experienced the death of a child. Additionally, MISS provides online and in person group support for child loss, help in finding a counselor who is trained in traumatic grief and HOPE (helping other parents endure) mentors. These services can be found all over the world.
- Military on Motorcycle Safety (M.O.M.S.): Created following the tragic death of 27 year old Jesse Wilkes. After returning home from a tour in Afghanistan, Marine Sergeant, Jesse was hit and killed by a vehicle making an unsafe left-hand turn. M.O.M.S. advocates for safer roads at dangerous intersections and aids victims of similar collisions through rehabilitation and/or funeral costs.
- Mothers Against Drunk Drivers: Advocacy organization providing resources to decrease drunk driving, support people and their families who are victims of drunk driving, and try to reduce underage drinking in general.
- Ohana Oasis: On the peaceful island of Kauai resides Ohana Oasis offering week-long, in person retreats for bereaved parents. Participants are surrounded by healing, natural surroundings wherein parents are offered a variety of resources, activities, and a chance to form a network of support. Bereaved parents can contact Ohana Oasis to be placed on their waiting list for future retreats.
- Open to Hope Foundation: The mission of the Open to Hope Foundation is to help those who have suffered a loss to cope with their pain and find hope in the future. Also visit their Facebook page Open to Hope Foundation
- Parents Of Murdered Children, Inc: The Parents Of Murdered Children, Inc. is a non-profit support group for ALL survivors of those who had loved ones taken from them by violent death. Also visit their Facebook page – Parents of Murdered Children
- Return to Zero Hope: Resource for helping families whose babies died during pregnancy and based on the movie, Return to Zero.
- Share Pregnancy and Infant Loss Support: Organization committed to the positive processing of grief related to pregnancy and infant loss.
- Shatterproof: National organization assisting with addiction treatment, changing stigmas, and providing support to those in need.
- SIDS Network, Inc.: The SIDS Network website offers up-to-date information as well as support for those who have been touched by the tragedy of SIDS/SUID.
- Still Standing Magazine: Child loss and infertility resource.
- Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS): The Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors, Inc., is a one of a kind non-profit Veteran Service Organization offering hope, healing, comfort and care to thousands of American armed forces families facing the death of a loved one each year. Also visit their Facebook page Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors.
- Umbrella Ministries: Umbrella Ministries is a network of mothers throughout the United States who have also lost a child, and its sole mission is to reach out, with the Lord’s love, to broken hearted mothers. Starting in 1996, the ministry has grown through mentoring relationships, mother to mother, heart to heart, walking beside each other, with God’s love, comfort, peace, and hope.
Interviews or Articles on or with Bereaved Parents
A few links, mainly from news sources, to articles or interviews with bereaved parents.
Interview with Rob Delaney from CBS Mornings from November 29th, 2022
If you would like to have your website displayed on our website, please provide us with your URL and a brief write up of your site. We would only ask that the links provide support for bereaved parents. We would also request that you provide a link back to our Alive Alone web site.
To contact us, please sent an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.